DesignerCentral
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viral Web Traffic

+3
samsmith33927
Deltik
FanOfJames
7 posters

Go down

Viral Web Traffic Empty Viral Web Traffic

Post  Deltik Mon May 20, 2019 8:57 am

It has come to my attention that this forum is attracting viral Internet traffic.  There has been a great uptick of sign-ups since 19 May 2019.

Although DesignerCentral does not have rules formally established and has been dormant for years, I am still moderating it as if it were an active forum and will not tolerate spam or offensive content.

Last edited by Deltik on Thu May 30, 2019 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Deltik
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Viral Web Traffic Empty Re: Viral Web Traffic

Post  FanOfJames Mon May 20, 2019 9:31 am

were you on this forum when it was active or are you a forumotion person making sure things don't get crazy here now that people have discovered this? (just curious because it seems crazy you'd still use your account after almost 10 years)

also it's so cool to see how james went from moderating a small design forum to being such a well-known beauty guru!

FanOfJames

Back to top Go down

Post  Deltik Mon May 20, 2019 9:36 am

FanOfJames wrote:were you on this forum when it was active or are you a forumotion person making sure things don't get crazy here now that people have discovered this? (just curious because it seems crazy you'd still use your account after almost 10 years)

also it's so cool to see how james went from moderating a small design forum to being such a well-known beauty guru!

Hi FanOfJames,

I am not a Forumotion representative. I co-founded this forum with James back in 2010 when he was getting into web design. We connected through our web hosting provider at the time.

Deltik

Deltik
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FanOfJames Mon May 20, 2019 9:40 am

Deltik wrote:

Hi FanOfJames,

I am not a Forumotion representative.  I co-founded this forum with James back in 2010 when he was getting into web design.  We connected through our web hosting provider at the time.

Deltik

oh cool! i just thought it was funny that it says your join date was back in 2010 but you hadn't posted at all until now.

what have you been up to since this forum died out? are you also into makeup/glam?

FanOfJames

Back to top Go down

Post  Deltik Mon May 20, 2019 9:43 am

FanOfJames wrote:
Deltik wrote:

Hi FanOfJames,

I am not a Forumotion representative.  I co-founded this forum with James back in 2010 when he was getting into web design.  We connected through our web hosting provider at the time.

Deltik

oh cool! i just thought it was funny that it says your join date was back in 2010 but you hadn't posted at all until now.

what have you been up to since this forum died out? are you also into makeup/glam?

I ended up staying a technical computer-y kind of person. James and I went our separate ways in 2012, and as of today, I know almost nothing about the makeup/glam industry.

Deltik
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  samsmith33927 Mon May 27, 2019 6:14 am

Deltik wrote:
FanOfJames wrote:
Deltik wrote:

Hi FanOfJames,

Deltik

I ended up staying a technical computer-y kind of person.  James and I went our separate ways in 2012, and as of today, I know almost nothing about the makeup/glam industry.

Hi!
Signed up after seeing James's vid Smile
Quick q's: Have you ever come in contact to James after u went ur seperate ways in 2012? Has he been on this forum he founded after then? Also how did you end up checking this after 10 years? More so how do you remember anything about ur acct?

samsmith33927

Back to top Go down

Post  Deltik Mon May 27, 2019 6:31 am

samsmith33927 wrote:
Have you ever come in contact to James after u went ur seperate ways in 2012?

Nope, I haven't been able to reach him. I think it was in 2016 when he rebranded himself with his middle name and let all his old accounts age away. Regarding this forum suddenly getting viral traffic, I sent him a message but got no acknowledgement.

samsmith33927 wrote:
Has he been on this forum he founded after then?

According to his forum account statistics, he last visited on May 8th, 2019. I don't know what he was doing here.

samsmith33927 wrote:
Also how did you end up checking this after 10 years?

Because I'm an admin on this forum, I get email notifications when there are new accounts.

samsmith33927 wrote:
More so how do you remember anything about ur acct?

I actually forgot about this forum until people started signing up on it all of a sudden. I had my account password saved in my password manager, so I was able to log in with no problem.

Deltik
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  samsmith33927 Mon May 27, 2019 6:45 am

Deltik wrote:
samsmith33927 wrote:
Have you ever come in contact to James after u went ur seperate ways in 2012?

Nope, I haven't been able to reach him.  I think it was in 2016 when he rebranded himself with his middle name and let all his old accounts age away.  Regarding this forum suddenly getting viral traffic, I sent him a message but got no acknowledgement.

samsmith33927 wrote:
Has he been on this forum he founded after then?

According to his forum account statistics, he last visited on May 8th, 2019.  I don't know what he was doing here.

samsmith33927 wrote:
Also how did you end up checking this after 10 years?

Because I'm an admin on this forum, I get email notifications when there are new accounts.

samsmith33927 wrote:
More so how do you remember anything about ur acct?

I actually forgot about this forum until people started signing up on it all of a sudden.  I had my account password saved in my password manager, so I was able to log in with no problem.

Thank you so much for the speedy reply.
Do you think there is a chance it wasn't him on May 8th? Or was it him for sure?
Also one more q, just curious, you don't have to answer if you want it to remain private but, although you got no acknowledgement, where did u message him? You can private message me the answer if you want : ))

samsmith33927

Back to top Go down

Post  Deltik Mon May 27, 2019 7:31 am

samsmith33927 wrote:Do you think there is a chance it wasn't him on May 8th? Or was it him for sure?

I don't know for sure because I don't have access to logs on this forum. If James ever wanted to talk, I'd welcome it, but so far, I haven't gotten any word.

Deltik
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  WompWompWomp Thu May 30, 2019 8:26 pm

Why it says the website is not secure i-

WompWompWomp

Back to top Go down

Post  Deltik Thu May 30, 2019 8:48 pm

WompWompWomp wrote:Why it says the website is not secure i-

Forumotion only allows the founder to enable HTTPS on the forum. James is the founder, not me, so I do not have access to switch on HTTPS here.

Deltik
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Aerial.LTD Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:48 am

Bringin' a forum back from the dead huh?.

That's cool, i guess
Aerial.LTD
Aerial.LTD

Tom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:56 am

Yeah

Tom

Back to top Go down

Post  randompersonontheinternet Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:53 pm